Tuesday 17 July 2018

Plastic Free Shopping

It's Plastic Free July you guys and I did my first big July shopping. Here are my successes:
- I chose fruits and vegetables that come free or in cardboard boxes over those in plastic packaging.
- I chose chocolate bars in paper and aluminium wrapping over those in plastic.
- I chose water in glass bottles over those in...you know what :-)
I am starting to make a list of products that I used to buy and which come in... starts with 'p', so that I can approach the producers and ask them to change the packaging.
Also, I cannot understand why my bio-cucumber must be wrapped in a plastic condom!? So, I'm planning to start writing to all the bio brands and ask them to switch to a bio-degradable foil or something else.
Anyone out there experienced in writing such letters? Please share your tips in the comments. PLEASE DO.

No comments:

Post a Comment